Bundesliga |


1-2 – no points gained in Altach

Austria Wien had to return home from Vorarlberg without any points, goals from Stefan Haudum and Manfred Fischer ensured a 2-0 half-time lead for the home team. The “Violets” were dominant after the break, but Manprit Sarkaria's goal came too late.

Jochen Fallmann stepped in for coach Peter Stöger and made a change after the 0-0 draw against St. Pölten. Vesel Demaku was replaced by Stephan Zwierschitz in the defensive midfield.

Altach coach Damir Canadi relied on a five-man defensive chain against Austria Wien. Neven Subotic and Samuel Oum Gouet were new to the team after the unfortunate defeat in Hartberg.

Altach took the lead in the first half

In an initially balanced game, Austria Wien had the first chance, Manprit Sarkaria put a free kick from a good position next to the goal (10’). However, Altach was able to take the lead: Daniel Maderner headed a cross by Manuel Thurnwald back to Stefan Haudum, who scored into the right corner (17’). Maderner had an opportunity after a free kick by Marco Meilinger - Patrick Pentz was on the spot (27’). A nice combination via Patrick Wimmer and Eric Martel led to a chance for Christoph Monschein, who narrowly missed the goal from the edge of the penalty area (36’). Altach increased to 2-0 in the 41st minute, Manfred Fischer scored after an assist by Thurnwald.

Altach went into the break with a well-deserved lead due to better chances.

Austria Wien dominated, but the goal came too late

Austria Wien came out of the dressing room much stronger, Martin Kobras had difficulties with a header by Christoph Monschein after a free kick (52’). After a counterattack by Dominik Fitz, Jan Zwischenbrugger prevented Monschein from finishing (53’). Patrick Pentz reacted well to a shot by Fischer (59’), on the other side Martin Kobras prevented a goal (69’) by Patrick Wimmer after a quick counterattack via Monschein.

In between, Fallmann made two changes in the back four with Markus Suttner for Andreas Poulsen and Michael Madl for Johannes Handl. A little later, Agim Zeka replaced Patrick Wimmer. A shot by Eric Martel clearly missed the goal, Michael Madl came closer shortly after from a similar position (78’, 80’). A shot by Zeka was deflected, but ultimately wasn't a problem for Kobras (88’). Alexander Grünwald served Monschein ideally, but the striker failed on Kobras (90’). After Agim Zeka's assist, Manprit Sarkaria scored the 2-1 in stoppage time. The goal came too late, a few moments later referee Stefan Ebner ended the game.

Austria Wien lost in Altach, on Tuesday they will continue against Hartberg in the Generali-Arena.

CASHPOINT SCR Altach - FK Austria Wien 2-1 (2-0)

Altach: Kobras; Thurnwald (90’+1’ Wiss), Subotic, Dabanli, Zwischenbrugger, Edokpolor; Oum Gouet (90’+1’ Bukta), Haudum (76th Casar), Fischer; Meilinger (76’ Nussbaumer), Maderner (85’ Schreiner)

Austria Wien: Pentz; Teigl, Handl (66’ Madl), Palmer-Brown, Poulsen (66’ Suttner); Zwierschitz, Martel; Wimmer (75’ Zeka), Sarkaria, Fitz (85’ Grünwald); Monschein

Goals: Haudum (17’), FIscher (41’); Sarkaria (90’+3’)

Yellow cards: Thurnwald (44’), Fischer (71’); Zwierschitz (30’), Martel (65’), Palmer-Brown (67’)

CASHPOINT Arena, referee Stefan Ebner, 100 spectators (restriction due to COVID-19 regulation)